Mom of two
December 9, 2010 § 2 Comments
So I joined the mom of two club a little over two months ago. It has been crazy, as evidenced by my not posting in awhile. All my hobbies have come to a halt. The ample free time I used to enjoy during m’s three-hour nap is basically gone. Also, I had forgotten how many diapers a newborn goes through, and how much care they require. Wow.
However, it is such a blessing having O. He recently started smiling at me. He is growing like a champ. And I especially love that my kids are siblings, that they have each other in the world, and are so related to one another! Awesome!
A couple things about being a mom of two:
1. Strangers like to congratulate me for having one boy and one girl and say that now I can stop having kids.
2. The kids often appear to be conspiring against me. “Okay, you cry at two in the morning. Then when you are calm, I will wait till they lie down a minute, then I will cry.”
3. We cannot pick anyone up in our car. The car seats fill the backseat.
4. You can love the second one just as much as you love the first. It was hard for me to imagine when I was pregnant with the O.
5. My main goal is to get both kids to sleep at the same time.
Also, I am so thankful that m has adjusted to her new little brother. Initially it was really hard on her to have him around. She was a lot quieter and just looked sad. And I missed her a lot. She had been my sidekick for almost two and a half years. We went everywhere together, just us. I felt so badly the first few days after coming home from the hospital that I even took her out to the park and was running around and sliding down the slides with her (not a great idea after giving birth). I’m so glad to see her back to her old rambunctious happy self. My new life feels like craziness, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.